Sunday, May 20, 2012

My Summer Bucket List!


 
As you all know, I am a teacher, so I have the luxury of having over 2 full months off this summer!  Yes, I plan on spending some lazy days chilling by the pool, but I also have a few things to accomplish on my To Do List.  What better motivation to complete the list than to share with you all!  Here is how I will be spending my summer:
 
1. Start a Teaching Blog!
Yes, THIS blog that you are currently reading!  It is a bit personal as well, but I am excited to start sharing about my personal and professional life (hey, free therapy)!  Please excuse the lack of posts. In the meantime, feel free to check out my beauty blog HERE! I promise you I have lots of posts and giveaways there!
 
2. Paint a Teacher Stool
I found this oh-so-cute stool on Pinterest and cannot wait to design my own!
 
3. Make a New Objective Board
I post the date, agenda, and objectives daily in my classroom.  Since this is something that is referred to and looked at all day long, who would want to look at a plain white board?  I want to make a fun objective board that will make my room look brighter and that the kids will love.  I found this great idea HERE.
 
 
4. Paint a Mural on my Classroom Wall
Well, maybe I won't be painting this, but I have an extremely artistic (yet very humble) cousin who has agreed to help me paint something on my wall!  I am thinking maybe a tree with a whimsical owl?  Any ideas???  I really like this wall decal that can be bought HERE.
 

5. Set up a Classroom Website/Moodle Page

6. Make a Set of Fabric Banners for my Classroom
You can learn how to make your own HERE.

7. Make Button Magnets for my Board
You can find the easy directions for making your own HERE.
 
8. Make Bird's Nest Necklaces
I found the easiet DIY directions for this gorgeous necklace HERE.  I made a few to give to my co-workers at school and as a special Mother's Day gift for a lady who is like my mother.  I received SO many compliments and requests for necklaces that I plan to whip up a batch this summer! ;)  I even make earrings to match.  I belong to a local Junior Women's Club and we have a Holiday Marketplace each year where crafters sell their goodies.  I am considering making some to sell.  Do you think I will have an interest?


9. Guest Blog!!!!
I want to both write a guest blog post and feature a gues blogger on my sites!  I think it is an excellent way to get to know others and increase your traffic.  I am absolutely STOKED to get started on this one!  Anyone interested? ;)

10. Spend Time with Amazing Family & Friends
I want to stop neglecting those who mean the most to me, so I plan to visit a best friend in Florida, go shopping with my "adopted" momma (I am not adopted, I just call her that), and make lots of lunch dates with important ladies!  I also plan to spoil my puppy and boyfriend with lots of extra time and love!  Who would not want to spend all day with this gorgeous face???



I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY YOUR SUMMER AS MUCH AS I PLAN TO!


No comments:

Post a Comment